Wednesday, August 21, 2013

      I just got back from the IPMS National show in Loveland, Colorado, GOOD TIMES. Bruce McKinney and I drove 1200 miles to and from in one shot each way. 17 hours in a car, only stopping to pee and fuel up...that's the way I like it.
      I did well at the show with a few 3rd place awards, a couple of 2nds, two firsts and a BEST SCI-FI! I was very happy that the judges liked my work, but was a little sad that I entered everything I had. The big winner was my O.E.P. 15, the classic "wing dude" that's been around for over 7 years! I did enjoy hearing some people say how "magical" the piece was, even after all these years that one still speaks to the viewer.  Thanks for the Pic Krueger!




      All the love and pats on the back made me feel guilty for taking a break from the "creative models", sure my cars and other stuff has kept me relevant, but I need to get people worked up. So I went out to my shop tonight and started sketching my next 1/16th scale Magnum Opus, working title: "The Strong Gravity Test Vehicle".

      I might bring it to Wonderfest, Seattle IPMS, and the Nats in 2014...I'll see if I cant win the triple crown again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers